Many times a simple leak can not only end our patience or that of our neighbors, but if we let it go, it can turn into a real moisture problem. We now explain how to cover them.
Leaks are nothing more than leaks of The water appearing on the ceiling. There are several reasons for the occurrence of home leaks.
Cause of the appearance of a leak:
- Water rain it can seep through the roof if there are cracks creating drops that will gradually fall to the ground.
- Shingles can also cause leaks due to water infiltration. In this case, it is usually easier to finish them as they normally go away on their own as the pores in the tile become clogged with the encrustations of the leaked water.
- On the other hand, the accumulation of water in gutters or downspouts can also be the cause of the formation of leaks.
The best solution to stopping bothersome leaks is to cover the hole or repair the break that is causing the water to leak. Since not only is the fact that water passes through is annoying when creating the leak in question, but it can also lead us to end up with rotten wood, the leak growing larger, the iron to rust and even to the most extreme cases can lead to the collapse of the house or apartment they are in (although the latter is a very extreme case).
How to fix the leak:
- If we see that a leak has appeared at home, we must know exactly why it is because it is possible that with the rain, drops of water have flowed which end up passing on our roof. If after it stops raining the leak persists, we’ll see if the problem is something more serious.
- We must also take into account the differences in leaks in a house or in an apartment building, the first will obviously be up to us to repair them, those in buildings may be due to a humidity problem or that a neighbor has had a flood for example. In this case, we have to ask the owner of the building or the neighbor in question about responsibilities.
- If we need to fix the leak, it is best that we choose to cover the cracks with a special product that we will actually find at any home improvement store. If the damage is shallow, it should be cleaned and plugged with an asphalt emulsion. We can also use so-called hydrophobic bands and similar to silicone which will allow us to cover any cracks. Before applying them, the crack or the hole in question must be enlarged a little, cleaned well and then plugged.
- For larger cracks or openings we need to fix them with cement and also have a waterproofing aggregate. After placing and drying the cement, we will apply an asphalt emulsion to complete the closure.
I leave you a video on how to cover the leaks:
Other items of interest in DIY10:
- Painting a door
- How to make a door
- Door repair
- How to repair furniture with loose veneer
- Furniture cleaning