A Photovoltaic glass transparent or colored, of all shapes and sizes, capable of generating clean and free energy thanks to the sun.
Onyx Solar, a young innovative company founded in 2009 in Ávila, has developed this photovoltaic glass capable of converting the sun’s rays into clean and renewable energy. In fact, they are world leaders in the manufacture of photovoltaic glass for buildings.
Photovoltaic glass. Applications.
This glass can be installed on facades, windows, skylights or floors.
Onyx Solar has received numerous awards, such as “Most Innovative Glass Product” from the North American National Glass Association.
Some of the company’s most iconic facilities include the Dubai Frame, the Novartis headquarters in the United States, the Femsa offices in Monterrey, the Punta Arenas hospital in Chile or the Miami Heat NBA team stadium. . One of his most recent projects is the renovation of the Bell Works building in New Jersey, which will be the world’s largest skylight.
In addition, it has the most prestigious international certifications, such as ISO 9001: 2005 (Quality management) and ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental management).
This glass has obtained UL 1703 & ULC / ORD-C1703 certification: “Standard for flat plate photovoltaic modules and panels”. So far, no company has successfully certified large format and semi-transparent glass to UL standards like those produced by Onyx Solar.
Photovoltaic glass. Characteristics.
The multifunctional properties of photovoltaic glass exceed those of conventional glass. Onyx Solar glass is specially designed for installation in buildings.
- Photovoltaic glasses can be customized to optimize their performance in different climatic conditions, for which the solar factor, which indicates the percentage of solar energy that the glass lets through into the building, is between 5% and 40%. the different glass configurations.
- The range of glass can reach all possible values of U or thermal transmittance, this value being very relevant to maintain an optimal temperature inside buildings, since it indicates the amount of heat that can be transmitted through the glass. .
- They can be installed even in buildings where orientation and inclination are not the most optimal.
- It is not a traditional photovoltaic module designed for installation on land (solar garden). It has been specially designed as safety glass for buildings, in accordance with the Technical Building Code.
- It is available in different thicknesses, sizes and degrees of transparency.
- Generates electricity in all weather conditions, including low light and cloudy periods.
- It pays for itself in the short term compared to traditional photovoltaic modules.
- Frameless, uniform in color and aesthetic. Ideal for the construction of Building Architectural Integration Systems (BIPV) and other high visibility applications.
- Glass is made using two advanced technologies: amorphous silicon and crystalline silicon.
Photovoltaic glass. Installation.
In the video we can see the installation of a ventilated photovoltaic facade.
More information: onyxsolar.com