Today, the mobile phone is an essential part of our life. We could make sure that it is already almost an extension of our body. They allow us to be in touch with friends, family and acquaintances no matter how far away they are, it is our Photo album where we cherish fun and special moments and unique memories and it is the tool that makes our lives easier with the thousands of applications that we have at our disposal. In addition to games, our entire library of favorite music, a social media connection and tons of entertainment options.
We cannot live without the mobile and that is why we take care of it like gold on cloth. Even if some brands are more delicate than others, these devices are fragile and it is therefore important to put a suitable cover for protect them from bumps and scratches which can cause technical failures and therefore avoid spending money on repairs.
The mobile or cell phone is also our most personal and intimate possession, which contains a large part of our daily privacy. That’s why many of us like to give it a distinctive touch, so that it looks as individual on the outside as it is on the inside.
For this, the ideal is make your own phone case at home. It’s a lot easier than you might think. Do you need ideas?
How to make a crochet phone case
Crochet or crochet is a very entertaining and relaxing craft, plus once you master the technique it can be very versatile in making all kinds of items from decoration to accessories and clothing.
There are several types of crochet yarn.
- Fancy wool, made of sheep’s wool, it is very soft and fine and is suitable for finer and more delicate garments. Remember that pure wool causes allergies in some people and is not suitable for vegans.
- Cotton wool, versatile and much easier to wash.
- Acrylic wool, ideal for beginners, because it is the cheapest. It can be irritating at times, so it is not recommended if you plan to give a scarf as a gift.
The needles can be of different sizes and the one you use should be the correct one for the type of wool you are going to use.
To make the case for your mobile, all you have to do is choose the color (s), the type of stitch you like the most and measure the device in length and width and add a centimeter.
If you never did hook, do not be overwhelmed because it is very simple and on the web there are many tutorials to get started in this art, everything is a matter of daring.
How to make a silicone phone case
Even if it sounds like a lie make homemade silicone it’s very simple and you only need a few ingredients, namely:
- talcum powder
- Liquid glue of a certain consistency if possible
- Latex gloves
- A roll
- A cutter
- A brush
Step by step:
- First of all, put on latex gloves and start mixing the glue with a good amount of talcum powder.
- Mix the two materials well with your hands until a white paste with an even texture is formed, free of lumps and which can be molded easily.
- With this dough, form a ball and roll it out and flatten it with the rolling pin. Make sure it is not too thin, otherwise it will break.
- Then you will have to place your mobile on the dough and press lightly, wrapping it with silicone, to mark the edges of what your case will be.
- Leave it like this, let it dry for several hours so that it takes on a firm consistency and does not lose the shape we gave it, and carefully remove your mobile.
- With the cutter we will have to cut out the excess parts and make the holes that our device needs for the headphones, charger, camera and other accessories.
- We will rub the whole case with sandpaper to remove any imperfections or lumps and leave it with a smooth texture.
- The last step will be to seal the materials by spreading a good layer of liquid glue with a brush, which will give your case greater strength and shine.
- Wait for it to dry and your case will be ready to use.
This is the basic “recipe”, for decoration, you just have to let your imagination run wild. Glitter, paint, nail polish, stickers, markers … whatever you can think of!
Another procedure for obtaining similar coverage is to use versatile silicone, white or transparent, and corn flour (the cornstarch that is in every house).
- Cover the worktable and put on your gloves.
- Mix two parts of flour for each part of silicone, for example 100g of silicone and 200g of cornstarch.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous but manageable texture and spread it out on a piece of baking paper
- Once your mobile is well wrapped in plastic wrap, to protect it, place it on the dough by pressing a little and wrap it.
- With a cutter, the excess is removed, the screen is cleaned and the holes for the camera and other devices are made.
- It is left to dry until it has adopted the shape and the mobile is removed.
- Now remains the most personal part, the decoration of your new blanket!
How to make a photo phone case
We all love photos, they remind us of special moments and help us keep in mind the people we love the most. Who doesn’t have favorite photos they are proud of and would love to show to the world. The good news is that you can also pPersonalize your phone case with the photo you like the most, or even with a collage of several photos. On the Internet, you can find a plethora of websites dedicated to customizing mobile cases with any designs and images you choose. You design your case and they make it for you.
Whatever your choice, dress your mobile according to your own style.
You may also like: