At Bricolaje 10 we always encourage you to be the ones to fix or fix anything that may fail at home, whether it is a door, a broken glass or the way we will now see a lamp.
Surely on more than one occasion we have broken a lamp at home and we don’t know how to fix it, so we choose to buy a new one which is nothing more than an “extra” expense that we do. can save money if following a series of simple steps we decide to repair the one damaged by us.
How to repair a lamp:
- While it might not seem like that, sometimes we think that a thing, in this case a lamp, can be completely broken when in reality what is wrong is something related, but that doesn’t mean that we need to repair the lamp in question. This is why the first thing to check is that it is well connected and, above all, that the bulb is in perfect condition.
- If the bulb You just need to change it for another, if not, you need to repair the lamp.
- First you need to check whether plugging it somewhere else works or not. If it does and we see it is not working, the problem may be with your connection cable which may have burned out due to a power surge.
- We will see that there is a part of the cable that is black so unplug the lamp and cut the piece of cable that has been broken or burnt.
- Then you will need to make a small joint and solder the cable so that it comes together and allows the lamp to continue working.
- It is also possible that the lamp switch is broken. To do this, you have to cut or remove the switch you have to change and buy one of the same or the same characteristics (that is to say with the same connections) and replace it.
Video explaining how to change a light switch:
On the other hand, we have lamps with us which are upright and which are of larger dimensions and of a different design, so normally their repair will be similar but not the same as ordinary lamps.
Repair a lamppost:
- Many models of floor lamps It includes a light regulator that allows you to increase or decrease the intensity of the light. In order to be able to repair this regulator when it is broken, you need to take it apart and buy one that is the same or with similar characteristics so that it can be placed with the same connections.
- As for fixing the connection cable or if it has a simple switch like any other lamp, you can proceed as we explained previously.
- To change the cables we will have to dismantle the floor lamp as they usually cover everything with the parts that compose it and this will allow us to make the necessary connections and arrangements.
I now leave you a video on how to repair street lights: