It is never a dish of taste, but on more than one occasion there is no cure. If we already tell you how to clean a leather sofa, this time we are going to do the same thing but with a different fabric. To know how to clean a fabric sofa It will save you money, time and hassle. And no matter how hard we try, a sofa always ends up staining.
How to clean a fabric sofa
Although it is difficult to achieve, the sofa is one of the spaces in the house in which we spend the most time. Obviously we eat, we drink, and if we have children or pets, it is inevitable that it will be stained. Even if we take all the care of the world, the passage of time will cause dirt to appear. The secret is to know how to clean a fabric sofa and that it’s like new.
We are talking about how to clean a fabric sofa because today they are the most common in homes. A fabric which fortunately has many and very effective cleaning methods. In this case, we have compiled the most effective. Of course, before applying any, test in an inconspicuous area of the sofa, in case the fabric becomes discolored. This is not usual but it can happen.
How to clean a fabric sofa: vinegar and baking soda
The mix does not look very promising, but the combination of vinegar and baking soda It is ideal for cleaning a fabric sofa. In this case, you need to follow these steps:
- Hot water – Fill a bucket with a liter of lukewarm water and add a teaspoon of baking soda and a glass of vinegar. Mix well until smooth.
- Circular cleaning – Put a clean cloth in the mixture and use this cloth to clean the sofa in the dirty areas, but also in the clean areas. The cleaning movements must be circular so that the product penetrates and acts.
- The whole sofa – Even if you only have one stain to clean, if you use this mixture, you must apply it all over the sofa
Remember never put vinegar directly on the sofa. If you do, it will be very difficult to remove the smell.
How to clean a fabric sofa: hydrogen peroxide
You surely did not use the The water oxygen, truth? Well, after trying to clean a fabric sofa with it, it will become a powerful ally against dirt. And is hydrogen peroxide perfect for removing common sweat stains on the sofa. Also those of blood, more common than it seems. Of course, if you don’t want to leave a mark, you need to follow these instructions:
- Shed with water – To reduce the effervescence of hydrogen peroxide, combine it with the same amount of lukewarm water
- Clean clothes – As before, apply the mixture to the entire sofa, paying particular attention to the most stained areas.
- Stop acting – Once applied, let the product act for between 10 and 15 minutes and remove the mixture with a cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
When it dries, the fabric sofa will be like new.
How to clean a fabric sofa: Salt
If you think about it, salt is an extremely effective natural bleach, particularly active against grease spots. If this is your case, you just need to follow these steps to make the sofa shine:
- Three lemons – Mix the juice of three lemons with three pinches of salt until everything is combined
- Clean clothes – Dip a clean cloth in the liquid and apply it only to the areas where there are stains.
- Let it dry – Wait about 15 minutes, until it works, and remove the remains with plenty of water.
When the fabric sofa has dried, you will see that the grease and dirt are gone.
How to Clean a Fabric Sofa: Ammonia
At the hour ofcleaning a sofa very dirty, we have the extreme option of ammonia, with which we must be very careful. Now that it is a very resistant product, it does not come off so that its Properties disinfectants they are ideal for cleaning a very dirty sofa. Of course, to apply ammonia safely, you need to follow these steps:
- Suction – Before taking the ammonia, vacuum the sofa to remove any visible dirt, dust, lint, and other grime it may have.
- Mixed – Then mix a liter of lukewarm water with 100 ml of ammonia (or a squirt)
- Sponge – Use a sponge to apply the mixture to the sofa. You can also use a soft bristle brush
- Organization – Although the clean areas are visible, it is convenient for you to organize the sofa well so that no dirty areas are left
- Remove ammonia – To remove the mixture, take a clean cloth and soak it in lukewarm water. By the way, you will see that the dirt adheres to the fabric and is removed from the sofa. Obviously, you will have to clean it or even take another cloth.
- Ventilation – Once you are done, open all the windows and create some power to ventilate the area you are in, as the ammonia will have left a very strong odor.
How to clean a fabric sofa: Steam
If we have a robot steam cleaner, we can use it to our advantage to clean fabric sofa. And it is that the steam helps to dissolve the dirt and to find the colors of the upholstery.
- Indicated head – To clean it, just select the head indicated by the manufacturer for the fabrics and pass it everywhere on the sofa. It is an operation that we have to perform once every 15 days. This way we will keep the sofa clean and disinfected.
- Very soft bristle brush – Once we have passed the steam machine, it is recommended to run a soft bristle brush or special for fabrics, all over the sofa. With this gesture, we will prevent the fluff that has formed from staying on the fabric sofa.
How to clean a fabric sofa: dry cleaning
The last trick to teach you how to clean a fabric sofatea will allow you to dry clean your sofa. Recommended cleaning for areas with high humidity (such as those on the coast) or where air does not circulate normally, making drying difficult.
- Vacuum the dirt – Before starting the dry cleaning, you must vacuum and remove any visible dirt on the fabric sofa
- Recommended products – For dry cleaning, we have the possibility of using a specific spray or bicarbonate. In either case, they would be used without mixing them with water or liquid elements.
- Brush – To clean, apply your chosen product and use a clean brush to help remove residue.
- Dry laundry – Remove the leftovers with a dry cloth and you will leave the sofa ready for use
You may also like: