Usually our microwave gets dirty and we don’t know how to remove dirt in a more ecological way which also generates bad odors. It is one of the most used devices today. Today we are going to see how only water, vinegar and about a minute of physical effort are needed. The result is a sparkling, clean microwave oven!
Related: How to clean the oven without toxic chemicals.
There are many “degreasing” products on the market, but what we want is a more natural product, which in this case is the same or more effective, vinegar.
How to clean a microwave with vinegar.
For this we will need: white vinegar, baking soda, water, some rags and a bowl.
- Fill a microwave-safe container with 1 to 2 glasses of water and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Put the container in the microwave and close the door. Activate the microwave for 5 minutes on high power.
- If your microwave is very dirty, do not open it right away when the alarm goes off. Leave the door closed for a few more minutes to allow the steam to continue to run and get into all corners. The steam will help loosen many layers and traces of dirt and remove bad odors.
- When opening the door, be careful not to drop the bowl, as it will be very hot!
- Remove the tray (carefully, it will be hot) and wash it.
- All you have to do is take a cloth or sponge, to which you have previously added a little baking soda, and clean the inside of the microwave oven.
- Rinse with a cloth dampened in clear water.
- And ready! You can now enjoy a clean microwave and free from bad smells.
Do you have any other tips for cleaning a microwave oven?
I was delighted with this one because of its ease!