Today we are going to make a homemade magnifying glass using a plastic bottle and water. A new idea that we have found to be able to recycle the infinite number of PET bottles that we have around us.
If anything we can use is always our creativity Do you need to make a magnifying glass? With water and plastic bottle, you can make it very easily. Read on and know the steps and materials needed to complete this project.
How to make a magnifying glass with a plastic bottle.
Many times we may be surprised at the solutions these materials can bring us and which we believe should be thrown away. This magnifying glass is one of them, very economical and fully functional, follow step by step.
For this we will only need a plastic bottle, scissors or a cutter, a syringe and a hot glue gun or a soldering iron.Very simple materials that you surely have at home.
- To start with, you need a transparent plastic bottle, it cannot be colored.
- You should also have a marker handy.
- Also a cutter for cutting plastic.
- You will also need a hot glue gun and a syringe.
These are all the necessary materials. Very easy, right?
Now let’s see how to make our magnifying glass. It’s very simple and it will only take a few minutes.
- To start, wash and let the clear plastic bottle dry.
- The second step is to remove the cap and place it on the plastic of the bottle in the concave part, to draw two circles of this size with the marker.
- Then with a cutter you need to cut the two circles.
- Then heat the hot glue gun.
- Once hot, join the two circles and run the soldering iron along the edges to make them stick.
You should only leave a small hole.
- The next step is to fill a cup with water.
- Then fill the syringe with the water from the cup.
- Then insert the needle of the syringe into the hole you left for the circles and fill them with water.
- Finally take the glue gun and pass it through the hole to completely seal the magnifying glass so that the water cannot escape.
- Ready now test in a place with small letters and you will see how your recycled material magnifier works perfectly.
Instructions can be found in the following 42 second video:
The video comes highly recommended as it shows different original ways to recycle plastic bottles.
- How to make snowflakes from plastic bottles
- How to make a broom from plastic bottles
- Plastic bottle cutter, tool for turning plastic bottles into rope
- Argentinian recycled plastic poles that want to avoid cutting down 1.5 million trees
- How to make a homemade ram pump from a plastic bottle