You can make a homemade projector yourself using a shoebox, some accessories you probably have in your house, and your smartphone. A project with which you can turn your phone into a portable TV. A simple project to achieve with a fairly acceptable image quality.
The materials we will need for this project are:
- A shoebox.
- A clip.
- A magnifying glass.
- A cutter.
- Black electrical tape.
- Paint or black paper.
We’ll show you how to turn your phone into a projector for just $ 1.
- The painting.
If the inside of the box is not dark, it would be a good idea to paint it black to improve the result.
- Remove the top cover of the shoebox and get ready to attach the magnifying glass.
- Trace the outline of the magnifying glass and cut it with the cutter.
- Attach the magnifying glass.
- Put the phone in the correct position.
- Adjust the smartphone screen to display in the correct position.
As the image passes through the magnifying glass, it rotates 180 °. You can fix it as follows:
If you have an iPhone: Settings> General> Accessibility and activate AssistiveTouch. When you do this, you will see the AssistiveTouch menu button. You can drag it to any edge of the screen. Tap to open, or if you’re wearing an accessory, right-click. Then select Device> Rotate Screen.
If you are an Android user: download an app that allows you to rotate the screen, for example: Ultimate rotation control.
- Find the correct alignment between the smartphone and the focus of the magnifier.
- Don’t fight the light.
To make it better, increase the brightness of your smartphone.
- Try it.
With this mini-tutorial you can create a holder for the smartphone with a clip.
Here’s a video in case you have any questions: