To build a raised bed with benches for your garden makes gardening work more comfortable and easier.
If you have carpentry experience, you can cut the wood yourself, otherwise you can buy the parts already cut to size.
Build a raised bed with benches
In fact, to get your job done right, we’re going to give you some important recommendations.
Choose a well-drained and even soil to build your bed, you also need to make sure that it gets at least 6 or 8 hours of sunlight per day.
Cover the ground inside the bed with newspapers to prevent weeds, this should be done before placing the soil.
It is a project You can do it in 4 hours maximum, if you buy the cut boards it will take you much less.
It has a medium difficulty and an affordable cost, it can vary depending on the type of wood you choose.
- To start, you need a 2 x 2 x 8 board
- Also 3 boards 2 x 4 x 8 and 8 boards 2 x 6 x 8
- You should also have 2 2×8 boards
- You need 3 boxes of 2 ½ inch flat head screws.
- Plus 1 box of 3 inch flat head screws.
- To start a miter saw or circular saw, if you are cutting wood.
- You also need a drill, pliers and a square.
- Plus a tape measure.
- The first thing to do is to assemble the sides by placing two side slats and a bottom slat.
- Next, rinse two interior posts 13 ½ inches from the ends and 1 ¾ inches from the bottom edge.
- Then secure with the platform screws.
- Repeat this method to create three more joints, using two side slats and one bottom slat. Also two interior poles. Finally, divide the four sets into two sets of two.
- Now attach a bracket to each set of sides, thereby securing with cover screws.
- Then place the brackets, they should be 4 in number each by aligning them against the ends of the bracket and the bracket with the cover screws.
- Now secure the bracket to the second set of sides, thus securing it with cover screws.
- Now turn the assembly over and position the end posts, securing them with flat head screws.
- Place a seat band in each set flush with the ends. Now place a seat cleat on each of them, securing it with flat head screws.
- Working with the sides, the next step is to place a second seat strip.
- Then place a seat cleat on each of them, then a slat on each of them by fixing it to the seat.
- Then attach a second seat band to each, then attach the side assembly without end posts and also a side assembly with posts.
- Now check that the ends of the side slats are flush with the outside posts and secure them with a 3 inch platform.
Detailed Instructions: bonnieplants.com