With this home electric generator, you will not be able to operate all the electrical appliances in your house, but you can you can easily light some LED bulbs. It’s an interesting project, don’t stop trying it.
Domestic electric generator.
Is as an experience for the little ones or to light a few LED bulbs When you don’t have a flashlight on hand, this generator is a project worth doing, we will show you how to do it.
The materials to be used.
- The first thing you need is a cardboard or wooden square.
- You must also have 2 CDs.
- Also a ruler, a cutter, scissors, a marker, a compass, a rubber band.
- You will also need a skewer stick and a large paddle.
- To finalize an electric motor with a pulley from a CD or DVD player.
- To start with, you need to make a circumference in the cardboard using the compass, which is smaller than the CD.
- Cut out the circumference, then glue it to one of the CDs using enough silicone and making sure it is centered.
- Then place the other CD, gluing it around the circumference.
- Now pierce the center of the CD with the skewer stick.
- Then make a rectangular base with the cardboard for the pulley.
- Next, draw a trapezoid of a height that does not allow the pulley to touch the base. Using the first drawing, make four trapezoids in the cardboard and cut them out.
- Then glue the trapezoids with silicone two by two and pierce the center of the top with the skewer stick.
- The next step is to insert the skewer stick into the center of the CD and secure it to 3 fingers with silicone.
- The next step is to glue the trapeze to the cardboard base, then place the elastic and place the pulley in CDS. Finally, place the other trapezoid 3 fingers apart. Reinforce them with a piece of cardboard
- Cut off the 4-finger skewer stick, leaving the excess to make the crank arm, then cut the paddle to a size that does not rub against the base. Open two holes, put a piece of stick in one hole with silicone, and the other hole, insert the crank.
How to make the motor
- Finally, glue the electric motor to the base, and place the tape around the pulley and the motor.
- Then open the legs of the LEDs, connect the negative branch of one to the positive of the other, and place the motor leads at the LED connection points.
- Then glue the LEDs on the base and test your electric generator.