One of the things that crossed your mind after imprisonment was to redecorate the room. Why not do it? Plus, why not go for plasterboard? Out of fashion? On the contrary, more current than ever. And best of all, you can do it yourself. If you don’t know we’ll tell you how to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room
How to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room
When you want to change salon, doubts, problems and, above all, financial problems always arise. Living room furniture is through the roof, and to top it off, the ones we love are always the most expensive. This does not mean that you should leave the part as it is. Quite the contrary. In fact we will tell you how to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room so you can do it easily and without spending too much.
Why choose plasterboard? We will now explain the advantages of making your own furniture. Suffice to say that for now you can save 80% of what a decent average set would cost you. You just need to follow the steps we are going to show you and learn how to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room
Benefits of making furniture from plasterboard for the living room
As we have commented, the advantages of making furniture from plasterboard they are quite and more than interesting. Based on the fact that plasterboard is a material that does not go out of fashion, but at the moment it is sweeping all levels again. Obviously, it is not the only one advantages of making furniture from plasterboard.
- Easy assembly – Far from what it may seem, making plasterboard furniture is a quick and easy task that anyone can use, even without any DIY experience. Knowledge how to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room And with someone to guide you, you can achieve a professional result, for much less than it would have cost you to hire them.
- Economic – Without a doubt, one of the most influential advantages in terms of make a plasterboard cabinet for the living room. The necessary materials are very basic: plasterboard, metal structure and screws, so the cost is minimal.
- Durability – Despite its price, plasterboard is a durable, lightweight material that is also flame retardant, noise isolating, and absorbs moisture. These are advantages added to a material which is an institution
- Customizable – Another advantage of making plasterboard furniture in the living room is that you can adapt it to the existing decoration. To do this, do not hesitate to paint it so that it fits naturally into the space. So we can create from a bookstore to a space for television, like a space for family photographs. Everything everyone wants.
- Ecological – The fact that plaster is a non-polluting material and that it also helps to preserve the environment is no small task. On the other hand, this has no problem for the inhabitants of the house, which not all furniture can say.
- Adaptable – The number of alternatives that plasterboard offers allows it to adapt to any function that we want to give it, to any style of living room and to any need demanded by the designer. By having plasterboard of any size imaginable it can be adapted to any available space
How to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room step by step
Now that we know the benefits, it’s time to learn how to make furniture from plasterboard for the living room step by step. In this case, we will opt for a shelf. The reason is none other than shelving It is the most requested piece of furniture in the plasterboard world. Of course, before entering fully into the assembly, it is convenient to have all the equipment at hand.
- Materials for making plasterboard furniture for the living room
- 10 mm plasterboard
- U-shaped metal bands (30 x 30 cm)
- Joint paste
- Drill screw
How to make a cabinet from plasterboard step by step
Now yeah, let’s see how to make a cabinet from plasterboard step by step and brand new living room for very little money.
- Sketch – The first of all, as it is obvious, is to design the furniture that we are going to create, in this case a shelf. Do not have problems drawing on the wall because in the end you will lay the plasterboard on top. So, draw the piece of furniture you want to create on the wall and create a sketch that will act as a guide.
- Metal bands – Take the measurements of the future shelf, cut the metal strips and stick them to the wall, to start the base of the closet.
- Plasterboard – The next step is to cut the plaster panels with the same measurements as the metal strips before. Basically, because the plasterboard will be attached to the metal strips. To hold them in place, use the perforating screws which will prevent the cabinet from collapsing or not supporting the expected weight.
- Pasta – Add paste to the holes you have already left in the joints. Not only will you get a more professional finish, but you’ll also prevent dust from getting where you thought it couldn’t.
- The painting – If you want to finish in a big way, you have the option of giving your new wardrobe a coat of paint. It will look more current, it will be more protected and, above all, it will increase the durability of the furniture. By the way, you will clean it more easily
- Crystal – Once painted and dry, you have the option of placing a glass on the shelves, giving a more elegant touch to the cabinet and, incidentally, protecting it from external agents.
And that’s how it can be easy make a plasterboard cabinet step by step. Something that seems impossible to many, it’s very simple when you educate yourself a little.
You may also like: