Although making and using homemade things is more and more fashionable on a daily basis, soap is one of the most respected because it is commonly believed that it is very difficult to make. Today we bring you 3 ways to make soap everyone knows but we don’t all know how to make homemade soap (with used oil would be perfect). You will discover the satisfaction of making your own natural homemade soap at home.
Did you know that just one liter of used oil that we throw in the sink can contaminate 50,000 liters of water, in addition to the high price reached by this product?
Reasons to make your own homemade soap.
- To have a good time learning something useful.
- To save us money on high quality products.
- To be able to manufacture our own personalized soaps.
- Teach children the value of things.
- Be independent.
- To be able to recycle a very polluting product.
Home making this soap that it is perfect for skin and clothes, it takes care of the environment and our pockets. The method we suggest is cold and any cooking oil used will work, just strain it so that it doesn’t look ugly. This homemade soap can also be used as a washing machine soap.
Recommendations for making homemade soap.
- Work in a well ventilated environment.
- Wear protective gloves and goggles, as caustic soda is a highly corrosive material which should not come into contact with your skin.
- Do not use metal containers for the preparation and stir the mixture with a stick.
Recipes for making homemade organic soap.
Method 1. How to make caustic soap.
- Used and filtered oils, 2.5 liters.
- Water, 2.5 liters.
- Caustic soda, 1/2 kg.
Dilute the caustic soda in the water, adding it slowly and carefully as it can produce very toxic fumes. A chemical reaction will occur which gives off heat and takes a few hours to cool. This preparation is known as a caustic bleach.
Slowly pour the oil over the caustic lye, stirring constantly and in the same direction, to avoid cutting the soap.
If you want, you can perfume and color it, add natural dyes and essential oils to flavor the soaps, when the mixture drops to the temperature of 40 ° C.
Pour into the molds and let harden for about a month. Then you can use it in everything you need from a quality soap.
Method 2. How to make homemade soap with essential oils.
Learn with it infographics how easy it is to make soap like our grandmothers did.
Method 3. Organic handmade soap with Aloe vera.
Here is a video where they show us how to make our own homemade Aloe vera soap: