Lactose allergy has become more and more common. In addition, in recent years there has been a worldwide trend to replace milk of animal origin with milk of plant origin. Milk that is expensive in supermarkets, but it is possible to produce it cheaper at home.
Related: How to make homemade oat milk.
We share a suggestion on how to make quinoa milk. A highly nutritious, high protein option that is easy to prepare and can be used in a variety of recipes. It’s worth trying.
Quinoa dairy ingredients.
- A cup of quinoa (preferably organic).
- Three cups of water.
- Vanilla essence to taste.
How to make quinoa milk.
- Soak the quinoa for 8 hours. Then drain and put it in the blender. Mix with three glasses of water.
- The mixture will take on the color and appearance of milk. Filter three times and it’s ready to eat.
- On average, you will have half a liter of quinoa milk.
Properties of quinoa milk.
- Easily digested because it is lactose and gluten free.
- Excellent supply of amino acids and essential fatty acids.
- Rich in magnesium, phosphorus, potassium or iron.
- Due to its high fiber content, it is an ideal food for eliminating waste and toxins.
- Helps reduce “bad cholesterol” and increase “good cholesterol” thanks to omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- High quality protein.