Do you have hallucinations with the prices that some wooden bracelets have in stores, markets or various stalls? Yes, some sellers are very high but it is the market and, if there is a supply, it is because there is a demand. Now if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a simple bracelet, we’ll tell you how to make wooden bracelets and that you save a lot of money. Plus, if you get a taste of them, you can even sell them yourself. Of course, cheaper.
How to make wooden bracelets
To know how to make wooden bracelets has, among other advantages, that you will decide on the design of the same. So, you make sure you will like it. On the other hand, the economic savings this is going to be considerable, as we have already said. But also, if you have a gift to give, you have the perfect opportunity to show off and be luxurious.
What will you need to learn how to make wooden bracelets? Basically wooden ice cream sticks, in addition to other materials that we will now tell you. But the main material will be the stick that contains the ice cream, to give you an idea of the cost of making wooden bracelets.
What materials do i need to make wooden bracelets?
As we mentioned, ice cream sticks are the basis of this DIY. Obviously not the only one material you need to make wooden bracelets.
- 12 ice cream sticks
- Crystal glass
- 500 ml of water
- A large bowl
- A thin rope
- Bracelet decoration
- The painting
- Washi tape
- Carpenter’s white glue
How to make wooden bracelets step by step
With the materials prepared, you just have to know how to make wooden bracelets step by step.
- Step 1 – The first thing to do is to soften the wood to be able to work with it and that it does not break. To do this, we have two alternatives and you can choose the one you prefer
- Boiling water – If you put the wooden sticks in a bowl with boiling water, you can easily mold them. Of course, the recommendation is to use a lot of ice cream sticks, as high temperatures will chip some or the other and prevent you from using them.
- Stand in the water – The second option is more efficient but requires more time. In this case, we have to leave the clubs in hot water overnight or during the working day. When you go to pick them up, you will see that the wood is soft and malleable. If you have time, this alternative is better, as the popsicle sticks will not break. If you are not in a hurry, there will be no problem choosing this option.
- 2nd step – In step 2, where we will shape the wooden sticks, we also have two ways to do it:
- Chopped off – With the wooden chopsticks ready to be molded, it’s time to give them the shape of a bracelet. This can actually be done by shaping with your hands, but there is a simpler trick that will make shaping easier. Take the glass you had with the materials and put the bracelets inside, covering the outline of the glass on the inside. Depending on the size of the glass, you can put several ice cream sticks and make several bracelets at the same time.
- Can and rubbers – The other alternative to make the ice cream sticks curl is to use a bottle of deodorant spray or shaving foam, not too wide, and to place the bracelets around your body. Obviously, you can fit a lot more poles, depending on the size. So that they do not come off or return to their original shape, you must hold each pole with 3 rubber bands and thus make sure that they do not move.
- Step 3 – As the glass and the jar have a circular shape, this will give them the desired shape. To make sure they take the shape you want, leave the sticks in the glass or hanging on the jar for 4 hours, although you can check if they have dried, remove them and check it.
- Step 4 – When the sticks have taken the shape of a bracelet, it’s time to decorate. However, if you want to adjust them, you can. Drill two holes at the ends of the bracelet and connect them with a string, elastic or chain. You will give a more premium point to your creation.
And now it’s time to decorate the bracelet. And if you don’t know how, we’ll leave it to you ideas for decorating wooden bracelets. To achieve them, we recommend that you use the white carpenter glue. Not only does it set any material wonderfully, but it will add shine to it if you cover it up. And be careful, even if when you give it it will stay white, when it dries it will turn transparent. Don’t panic
Ideas for decorating wooden bracelets
Ideas for decorating wooden bracelets there are millions of them. Obviously, each bracelet you make will be unique and irreplaceable. Now, for starters, it doesn’t hurt to have a guide to hang on to. So here are some ideas for decorating wooden bracelets:
- Washi tape – It’s a simple, quick and elegant way to decorate your bracelet. Washi tapes are available in infinite shapes, colors and types, take the opportunity to use them in your first creations because, having an adhesive side, they will facilitate your work.
- The painting – The obvious alternative is that of painting. In addition, being made of wood, it allows the use of all kinds of paints: acrylic, markers, oil …
- Recycled material – Why not? You can take magazines or wrapping paper that you are not going to use and use it to line your wooden wristbands. Good? No one will wear a matching bracelet anywhere.
- Nail polish – It is a simple resource, accessible to all, and the result of which is wonderful. Plus, you have colors of all kinds, from gloss to matte, to glitter or even various shades.
- Tissue – A very interesting option is to take some leftovers you have at home and use them for your bracelets. All materials are worth it. From denim to cotton, including silk or nylon. Whatever you have, welcome will be. Also, if you have a garment with lace that you don’t use, it will look great on your DIY wooden bracelets.
- Collage – Obviously, a very delicious alternative is to mix several materials. For example, fabrics with nail polish or paint with magazines. Think about vintage, stylish, or fun designs, but be clear on what you’re going to do before you jump in.
You may also like: