Automatic doors are still a great option that many people choose to incorporate into their homes. Either for reasons of safety, comfort or simply because it is essential for them in their daily life, a large part of Spaniards opt for an instrument which over the years has become more and more in demand. It’s logic, technological advances continue their course, every day a better product is produced than the last and this does not go unnoticed by anyone.
One of the big questions for people with Automatic door at home is knowing how to fix it safely in case it doesn’t work. Here it should be borne in mind that they have an electrical system that makes them work and that they are usually much larger than the conventional doors in our house which are usually no more of a problem than a failure of the house. lock or swelling of wood (yes are made with this material) and stop working properly.
Because the automatic doors they are much more complex and there can be several causes for their dysfunction. So depending on the problem of each of them, we will have to choose accordingly. In this way, below we present the main reasons why these instruments no longer work properly and how to repair them safely.
Control issues: In many cases, the door control will not work even if the door remote control is working. This can happen because a key may be broken or there may be a problem with the cable connection. To put an end to this problem, it is best, if the control light is off, to remove the bell wire from the screws located in the opener. Immersed in the material we will have to move on to the red and white cables, if that does not work we will have to move on to the cables that work with the opener.
If the garage door opens …: One of the most common cases is when the door opens and closes on its own. To solve this problem, you will need to remove the cable from the doorbell and keep only the remote control. This and you should also be aware that the control buttons are disabled, because in many situations they may stay on.
Door locked: In many other occasions the door stops working properly because it sticks and cannot be opened or closed properly. Faced with this problem, which is caused by jams in the system or lift force issues, it is better to increase the volume of the door rise.
Opener lighting problem: There are times when the opener lights do not work. In this case, you must change the fuses of it so that your door works perfectly.
Problems with electrical system: The electrical system is what makes an automatic door work and therefore it is necessary to always take into account any problems that may arise in this regard. This can be verified by connecting an electrical device to the outlet.
Here are some of the main problems and their possible solution that can happen to you with your automatic door. And it is that in the market you will be able to find a wide variety of instruments of this type. Depending on your needs, you can choose one or the other. These are the most recognized:
- Custom Doors: With regard to these doors, the customer will be able to choose the appropriate door according to the characteristics of the space in which he wishes to use. These are generally used in garages inside a private house.
- Folding doors: These with the classics in the entrances of urbanizations or even in those of a private address.
- Overhead doors: They are generally used in small warehouses.
- Sliding doors: They are used at the entrance to factories.
- Glass doors: These are the classic doors that open and close when you walk into a business or large supermarket chain.
- Garage doors
- Double leaf doors: These tend to predominate at the entrances of single-family homes. They usually go in front of a small garden.
- Rolling doors: These are often used by people who have a large warehouse.
- High speed doors: These are often used to separate the compartments of a plant. For example, in the case of sections where cold products are kept in a food factory.
- Rigid doors: They are generally used for the garage of a house where cars or other vehicles are stored.
- Selectable doors: Owners of a large warehouse opt for these doors.