Many decorations are expensive and besides they are not elegant, they do not deserve attention. With the tips in this tutorial, you can create your own personalized decoration. Follow the instructions carefully and learn how to transfer photos to wood, you will have a fantastic and original painting to place in your living room. When you do, you will realize how simple it is and what a special result you get.
Materials for transferring photos to wood.
To transfer photos to wood you will need:
- An image printed with a laser printer on a regular sheet of paper, if it can be thin and better recycled paper.
- A block of wood (smooth wood recommended). You can use pallet wood, so you will give it a new original use.
- Medium matte gel. You can find it at any craft store.
- A spatula if you have one at home, if you don’t have one you don’t have to buy one, with an old credit card that you don’t use anymore you can get similar results.
- Mod Podge (glue for varnish).
- Sprayer with water.
Instructions for transferring photos to wood.
- Choose the photograph.
The photograph to be transferred to the wood should preferably be printed with a laser printer on thin paper, recycled or reused if possible. It can be printed in color or black and white.
You have to keep in mind that when you take the photo to wood with this system, the image will appear inverted, like when we look at ourselves in a mirror. So you need to print the reverse photo because when we do the process, the result is normal.
- Apply the medium matte gel to the wood.
Apply several coats of gel medium with the brush on the wood. We will spread it evenly using the spatula or credit card.
- Place the photograph on the wood.
We will make sure there are no wrinkles, bubbles or blemishes. Ideally, check your credit card to remove excess gel.
- Leave to stand for at least 8 hours.
- Wet the paper with the water jet.
Moisten and after a few minutes start removing the paper with a cloth. There will be parts which, due to their difficulty, will need to be removed by hand.
We will use Mod Podge to varnish the photo and give it consistency next to the wood.
You can also use canvas instead of wood:
And ready! Successful transfer. As you can see, the result is awesome!
- How To Make A Free Homemade Waterer For Pets
- How to make a solar thermal motor step by step
- How to make a homemade giant cardboard padlock
- Homemade Christmas tree made of sea glass
- How to make a newspaper bag