Compilation of small, but practical, tricks to carry out small repairs at home: interlocks, difficult screws, hinges, small cracks, etc.
You will be able to repair defects and resolve damage with skill and effort.
With these tips, you will see that it is not necessary to have a great understanding of DIY to fix wooden furniture or wallpaper smoothly:
- No cracks. If the wood is dark, mix a teaspoon of instant coffee with water to form a paste, wipe the crack, let it dry and then polish. It is, so to speak, simple makeup, not a permanent solution.
- Well stuck. If the wood is plywood and it is peeling, iron the hot iron over it, taking care to put a cloth in the middle to avoid marks.
- Easy wallpaper. Before using the rollers, place them in the refrigerator for two hours and the adhesive will not retract when working with them.
- No bubbles. To remove them, wait until the paper is completely dry, puncture the blister with a pin and smooth with a sponge.
- To remove it. Wet twice with a sponge or rolling pin and a mixture of vinegar with hot water in equal parts.
Problems in the kitchen
- clogged sink. Do not pour soda down the drain, better pour a cup of vinegar or salt and another of baking soda with boiling water. If you are unable to resolve this way, you may need to use one of these remedies.
- Drawers that do not open. Rub the edges and guides with a bar of soap or a piece of wax. If it is not enough, do it with sandpaper.
- Hinges. To prevent noise from cabinet doors, grease them with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Crockery. Avoid cracks by passing a garlic or chestnut cut in half. Dry the piece, place in a pan with milk and boil for 25 minutes.
Effortless home maintenance
- Difficult screws. If you can’t remove it, heat your head until it turns red. Let it cool and you can remove it without problems.
- Holes in the wall. To cover it, fill with plaster-covered paper, cover with dough helping with a spatula. Once dry, sand the area and paint the wall the same color.
Minor bathroom repairs
- Leak on taps. To muffle the noise, wrap a woolen yarn around the faucet and throw the end down the drain.
- Clogged artichoke. Disassemble and soak in a mixture of 1/3 hot water and 2/3 vinegar.
- Clogged pipes. Pour four tablespoons of coarse salt down the drain. Let it sit overnight and add hot water in the morning.