Mobile partitions, panels or cabinets allow you to create flexible partitions and give greater functionality to certain spaces quickly and conveniently
Movable partitions are modules, cabinets, panels or walls with independent parts that move through guides or rails, to create separations between spaces or compartmentalize.
This type of facility is in great demand in restaurants, offices and hotels, as it allows changing the distribution of a space according to the needs of each moment. Thanks to its characteristics, when not in use, they can be retracted and even hidden and leave a totally open space.
It is a substitute product for office partitions, in the sense that both allow the separation of spaces. However, with mobile partitions, greater immediacy is sought in the separation of these spaces. With office partitions, a certain permanence is sought over time because they are more complex to assemble and disassemble.
Characteristics of swap bodies
- Very easy to use. Although this does not mean that we should ignore the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Guides are as a general rule fixed to the ceiling only, leaving the soil free. It is a leveled false ceiling especially for the correct movement of the movable walls.
- The variety of possible designs, because in addition to glass we can find them in all finishes that can be applied to a wooden board.
- There are different types of fixing for swap bodies: telescopic, espagnolette or pin.
- Although most movable panels are blind (one piece), it is possible that they have glazed parts or that the doors can be recessed. Therefore, there are a large number of possible combinations.
- The profiles, usually in aluminum, can be hidden or not. This is a decision that basically has to do with the desired aesthetic and the budget.
- Today, most manufacturers offer products with very low maintenance requirements.
- Installation is relatively complex, so it should only be done by specialized professionals.
Types of mobile partitions
- Monodirectional. The panels move in a single direction through a single lane. It is the classic case of dividing a room in two.
- Multidirectional. There are different intersections between the rails that allow each module to vary its position or be stored in an organized location for it.
Mobile Panel Fabrication Materials
- wood. It is the classic material for the manufacture of this type of partitions. Wood naturally offers some sound insulation, there are many design options and offers a more competitive price for mobile partitions than other options. MDF or melamine chipboard, varnished or lacquered solid wood are the main alternatives.
- Glass. They offer a more minimalist and current look. Glass has the advantage of allowing light to pass through and, at the same time, it is a resistant material. If you also want to make laminated glass soundproof, it also fulfills this function.
- Acoustic. The mobile acoustic partitions are basically filled with materials that allow greater sound insulation, for example, rock wool. Usually the outer faces are wooden boards, although we can also find them made of other materials.