SunPower launches technology designed in Sillicon Valley, solar cells without metallic contacts between them. SunPower’s proprietary new solar technology completely changes the way a photovoltaic panel is structured. Thanks to this innovation, they can guarantee the product and performance for 25 years.
We are talking about its SunPower P19 Performance model, a monocrystalline photovoltaic solar panel that exceeds the 19% efficiency, with a Power 390 / 400W, in its commercial version, and 315 / 330W, in its residential version.
Its great value lies in the fact that its catchment area is larger than conventional panels, managing to generate more in the same area.
In addition, they have removal of metal connections between photovoltaic cells, thus reducing a weak point of traditional panels, thus increasing their useful life and being able to guarantee a guarantee of 25 years.
Some panels are virtually immune to the most common problems of conventional solar panels, broken connections between cells and problems caused by corrosion.
A solar panel highly recommended for medium or large size projects for its commercial version, where maximum profitability is normally sought with maximum performance. But also for residential use because of its efficiency and its totally black aesthetic.
The P19 Performance photovoltaic panels were included by the DNV GL PV Module Reliability Dashboard, in the list of the best of five reliability tests performed, as is: thermal cycles, moist heat, freezing of humidity, dynamic mechanical load and degradation by induced potential.
SunPower P19 performance benefits.
Among its advantages we can find:
- Exclusive technology, proven and guaranteed efficiency.
- No connection between cells, thus avoiding one of the main causes of breakage of photovoltaic solar panels.
- The cells are attached to each other with an adhesive used in aerospace industry, keep the energy flow and maximum temperatures lower in the cell.
- Exclusive encapsulation, which protects them from corrosion, another factor that causes more breakage in panels.
- Innovative tile / tile design, eliminates reliability issues that have arisen in conventional cell-to-cell contacts.
- It does not generate “hot spots”, allowing current to flow freely across the surface of the panel.
- Unique parallel circuit design, which provides us more energy in shaded conditions, no more ground or roof coverage. Under these conditions, a traditional solar panel has losses of power estimated at 33%, while a SunPower Panel lose only one 8%.
- 25-year product warranty and 25-year production warranty.
You can check the price of these photovoltaic panels on the website of SunFields Europe, one of SunPower’s exclusive distributors.