¿You know the Rhodiola rosea?, surely not, but this plant which belongs to the Crassulaceae family, which grows in cold areas, such as the mountains of Central Asia, the Arctic, the rocky mountains and on the European mainland in regions like the British Isles , Iceland, Scandinavia, Carpathians, Alps and Pyrenees.
This plant contains components called adaptogens, which were discovered by Dr. Nicolai Lazarev, a Russian scientist, in 1947. ANDHis study focused on examining the impact of adaptogens on the human body and found incredible results in his research.
Here we are going to show you these fantastic benefits that Rhodiola Rosea has for you.
Properties of Rhodiola rosea.
This plant has the property of increasing energy and physical stamina, which makes it excellent for physical exercise.
Thanks to the components rosavin and salidroside (active components), the production of serotonin and dopamine in the opioid receptors of neurons, like beta-endorphin, is enhanced, making it excellent for fighting depression.
- It can help with Parkinson’s disease because it increases dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter that is missing in people with this disease.
- It can improve the capacity of intellectual work because it improves cerebral circulation.
- It is an excellent antioxidant, so it is essential to slow down aging.
- It can reduce cortisol, a hormone that increases stress.
- By eliminating cortisol, we also prevent weight gain due to daily stress.
- It can improve the immune system to fight diseases.
- In addition, this plant is considered an excellent aphrodisiac.
Benefits of Rhodiola rosea.
Thanks to these properties, let’s see what conditions of the body this plant has an effect on:
- This plant is excellent for stress, because for many years it has been known as an excellent and very potent adaptogen.
Adaptogens are substances that regulate the functions of the body. When there is stress, adaptogens generate a degree of adaptation that allows our physiology to deal with stress in more ingenious ways. Adaptogens are believed to work by increasing the ability of cells to use and make cellular fuel more efficiently.
- Rhodiola Rosea is effective in reducing recovery time from physical exertion, it also increases attention span, strength, memory and the action of antitoxic agents.
- Studies have shown that Rhodiola Rosea improves memory and the ability to concentrate for long periods of time. The brain’s bioelectric activity is increased, which improves memory and fills the brain with energy.
- Rhodiola has also been shown to be effective for heart problems caused or made worse by stress. Under these conditions, the amount of catecholamines and corticosteroids released by the adrenal glands during stress episodes decreases.
Uses of Rhodiola rosea.
We present to you a great infusion recipe so that you can start treating your body with this wonderful and surprising herb:
Place some Rhodiola Rosea leaves in boiling water, let steep for 3 minutes and enjoy this fantastic tea.
It is considered a safe plant, Rhodiola also has its contraindications.
At high doses (1500-2000 mg / day), episodes of irritability may appear, producing insomnia or nervousness. So do not exceed the dose recommended by your general practitioner.
They can cause an increase in blood pressure in some people with coronary spasms and changes in blood pressure.
It is not recommended to take it before surgery because it can thin the blood. Nor if you are on treatment with blood thinners or vitamin E supplements.
In the case of diabetics, its consumption is recommended under medical supervision.
It is totally prohibited in pregnant women, during breastfeeding and in children under 10 years old.
Remember to consult your doctor before treating any type of illness.