Schisandra chinensis belongs to the family Schisandraceae, and is described as a deciduous woody vine. It is a plant that comes from northern China and is widely used in traditional Chinese, Korean and Russian medicine.
It is also known as the fruit of the five flavors because it combines them and comes from its Chinese name, wu-wei-zi.
Schisandra berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2,000 years, and they have properties that can help fight stress and fatigue.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, it is one of the few herbs to contain the three treasures, better known as Shen, Qi and Jing (essence, energy and spirit).
You can find this plant in capsule, drop or tea form.
In recent years, this fruit has become a popular alternative to body stimulating products like caffeine.
Properties of Schisandra chinensis.
One of the main active compounds in schisandra is which is a mild phytoestrogen.
The other ingredients in this plant are schizandrin B, pregomisin, gomisin, angeloylgomisin Q, schisantherin A and B and lignans, which are powerful antioxidants.
Each of them brings unique healing properties that have been used for centuries.
Recent studies in China indicate that these lignans have a protective effect on the liver.
In addition, this curious plant reactivates the production of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant, in liver cells.
Benefits of Schisandra chinensis.
- Some recent studies speak of the ability to generate new tissue that has been damaged in the liver.
- It can help repair and tone the body.
- It is highly adaptogenic, that is, it rebalances and restores the energy of the body and also helps to improve its balance, it can also help improve our sleep.
- It is anti-stress and invigorating.
- Re-oxygenates the blood and improves physical performance.
- Helps to detoxify the body from alcohol or tobacco.
- It can help improve blood sugar.
- It can help improve the immune system and defenses against disease.
- Stimulates visual activity and relieves tired eyesight.
- It can help boost concentration and intellectual performance, as well as memory.
Uses Schisandra chinensis.
- This herb activates the immune system, it can also help with infections, fatigue and feelings of weakness.
- It can help fight colds, asthma or allergies.
- It can help with certain breathing problems, rhinitis, sinusitis, asthma, and frequent coughs.
- Helps improve vision.
- It can help reduce fatigue and fatigue.
- It can help fight insomnia, depression and stress.
A plant from the Far East, but which must be kept nearby to benefit from all its virtues.
Contraindications Schisandra Chinensis.
The herb Schisandra Chinensis is a stimulant and should be treated in this way when calculating the dosage and timing.
It can be very harmful for pregnant women, not recommending its use. It is also not recommended for people with epilepsy or for any condition generating a high sensitivity to stimulants.
You should not combine it with amphetamines such as Adderall, as mixing it can increase heart rate and lead to other circulatory problems. It is also not recommended for people with liver disease to take it.
Remember to consult your doctor before treating any type of illness.