Education in ecology and making children aware of the importance of taking care of the environment is essential. The objective is for them to have within their reach the mechanisms to collaborate in the protection of the planet and that they perceive this way of life as something interesting and not as an obligation.
In this article, we will offer tips and activities for children to deepen their knowledge of renewable energies and integrate small ecological actions into their daily routine.
Renewable energies for children.
In nature, we can find several types of renewable energy that can be converted into electricity. For this reason, it is advisable for the little ones to physically check their operation to become familiar with them. Here are the activities we offer:
- Visit a nearby dam to learn more about hydroelectric power. Spain is the country in the European Union with the most reservoirs, so it won’t be difficult for you to find one within a reasonable distance from your home.
- Go to the wind farms where professionals explain to you.
- Visit the solar panels together. By the way, you will like to know that solar powered kitchens were recently invented.
- Experiment at home with them. On YouTube, you will find endless options.
- Watch movies that talk about the topic. For example, Monsters SA
- Sign up for courses on renewable energies to deepen your knowledge and thus be able to pass it on in an educational way to children.
- Lead by example by recruiting electricity marketers who are committed to 100% renewable energy, as is the case with Gain energy.
In short, renewable energies come from inexhaustible natural resources and are beneficial for the planet and this is the reason why it is convenient for your children to know them.
10 tips for taking care of the environment with children.
The little ones can also do their part in the fight against climate change. For example, with the following actions:
- Take responsibility for an urban garden.
- Make toys using recyclable materials.
- To plant trees.
- Create cycle routes and get used to using this sustainable transport on a daily basis.
- Build your own Christmas tree with recyclable materials. You can find ideas here.
- Join eco-friendly summer camps.
In addition, there is a series of good practices that the child should implement both at home and at school. These are just a few of them:
- Switch off your items when you are not using them. For example, consoles.
- Eat organic food and share its benefits with your friends.
- Know the segmentation of the trash to be able to recycle correctly.
- Be open to receiving and donating clothing and school books from others.
- Write on both sides on pages and notebooks.
We hope that the article has been useful to you and that you already know how the little ones can work together to take care of the environment.