Sometimes we want to paint the walls in the house and we see how the so-called dampness appeared in them. If we don’t know how to cover it exactly or how to get rid of the stain it usually leaves, we give you some tips for removing them.
the damp spots appear both on the walls of the house and in the the ceiling, because suddenly there is a water pipe that may have a leak or because a simple escape made the wall in question wet.
What to do with damp spots?
- If we see that a wet spot has appeared on one of the walls of our HouseIt is better that before we start to cover it with paint or try to remove it, we find out the reason for this stain. That is, where does the leaking water from which it was produced come from and that if it is very large, it may even force us to make a hole in the wall in order to be able to repair it.
- To be able to repair a dampness, it is necessary to know exactly what its “seriousness” is since some of us can repair it ourselves, others will require the presence of an expert or a professional and then there are moisture problems that never go away and will cause stains to appear constantly. For this, a good solution may be to place dehumidifiers in the room or in the room where we have humidity so that it can absorb the stain that concentrates on the walls and allow us to paint on it.
Now that we know how the moisture got on the wall, and we have fixed the leak or leak that we have, it will be time to remove the stain, which will be much easier.
Remove moisture stains from the wall:
- In order to remove a wet stain that appeared on the wall, we will have to start drying it, or at least the wall does not look wet. For this we will need a cloth or a brush and a little bleach.
- This way we clean the area where the stain is fine and we can soften it a lot and then let it dry.
- Once the wall is dry, the remains of the paint which have been affected by the humidity in question must be removed with a spatula.
- We are then going to paint with a paint that may well be moisture-wicking and thus resist the appearance of other stains underneath.
We are already seeing that it is not that complicated to put an end to damp stains on the walls and that it is recommended to remove them as soon as possible because they help us to detect possible moisture problems that we have to resolve as quickly as possible if we don’t want to stay. even without a wall.
I now leave you a video about the humidity on the wall: