Paper for wall decoration is something that seems to have come back with force and in fact it can be said that it is a trend among the current decoration of houses.
The truth is that the decoration walls with paper This will make our job easier because if we choose to paint them, we might take more time and work. Now that yes, to decorate our walls with paper, we must first know what types of paper exist and then how they are applied.
Types of wallpaper for walls:
- Wallpaper: It is perhaps the most used paper for walls since it is glued with glue or glue special and also decorates to perfection. For many years there have been companies dedicated to making this type of paper, so we can find many styles with any design or color.
- Vinyl wallpaper: This type of paper has a plastic layer vinyl which not only makes the paper much stronger, but also allows us to wash it with just a little water. It is an ideal type of paper for children’s rooms.
- Vinyl paper: It should not be confused with vinyl paper since, unlike this one, it has a layer which covers it, although in its case it is varnished. It can also be washed but not as often as vinyl.
- Silk paper: As the name suggests, this type of paper is made of fabric with a surface layer of acrylic vinyl (varnished) which is waterproof and washable.
- Relief wallpapers: This type of embossed paper has a wide variety of patterns and they are ideal if we need to cover any type of imperfection that occurs in the walls. They are also very easy to clean.
Then we have the so-called vinyls themselves and it’s not paper per se but it’s plastic that’s glued like a sticker and has designs and styles and designs of all kinds and that children love Their rooms.
In addition to the materials we have mentioned above, there are different styles of wallpaper that you should consider when selecting any of them:
- -Ready: These are uniform papers that will show that the wall is painted in one color. This is a good element to take into account and to be able to combine with different colors depending on the type of room.
- -Bands: Perhaps, among the most characteristic wallpapers of all. They can be both horizontal and vertical stripes depending on the type of effect sought.
- -Impression: Another characteristic wallpaper that you can choose from classic and modern themes.
- -With relief: A very elegant type of wallpaper with a very good effect of depth.
- -Imitation: These are wallpapers that imitate certain types of materials such as wood or stone.
Advantages of wallpaper
- One of the great advantages of using wallpaper is the fact that it can cover any type of default that exists in it, such as spots, cracks or the like.
- On the other hand, it has a very easy maintenance, since most materials are washable, you can wash them when stained unintentionally or in case of inconvenience.
- With regard to care in general, if at any time you wish remove the paper for the wall, it will make the wall without any scratches or scuffs so that you can have it perfectly like everyone’s first day.
- The wallpaper also has the fact of being Very versatile, which allows it to be applied in kitchens as well as in bathrooms and bedrooms, so you can keep in mind whether to use the same wallpaper throughout the house or vary according to each spaces.
- It’s a economical decoration element this, along with everything else, helps you make your home much nicer and according to the decorating style you have chosen.
How to glue the wallpaper to the walls:
- Before we can glue the paper to the wall, we need to know how it is and whether or not it has imperfections. If this is the case, the best option is to choose a paper with embossing and as I mentioned before you can hide them.
- Before using a “universal” glue, keep in mind that if the paper chosen is vinyl type, you must apply a special adhesive. For the rest, we can use the glue they sell us when we buy the paper in the store.
- Don’t apply a lot of glue, especially not on the paper. It is better to apply it on the wall and then place the sheet of paper on top from the top and run a brush so that it is vertical and well fixed. We will have to cut off the excess with a blade.
- To know how much paper we will need on the wall to be wallpaper, we will have to take into account the ratio, and what marks the continuity between the sheet and the sheet.
What is the report?
- the report It is nothing more than the paper measurement that is lost when matching designs or drawings of a strip of paper with the previous one.
- they have the standard measure of 0.53m wide and 10.05m long. To calculate the number of rolls needed to cover our wall, we need to:
- Divide the width of the wall (or the perimeter of the room) by the width of the roll (0.53 m.), To get the number of strips needed.
- Divide the length of one roll (10.05 m.) By the height of the wall, to get the number of strips coming out of each roll. Add the report, if there is one at wall height.
- Divide the first number (number of strips needed) by the second (number of strips coming out of each roll), to find out how many rolls you need.
- If there are one or more windows in the room, simply subtract their width from the total perimeter.