Wheat grass, also called “wheatgrass” or germinated wheat, is this tender grass of the said plantation, harvested while it is still green, and that has a wide nutritional content. Every day more and more subscribers consume this natural product, like source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Properties of wheatgrass.
Its composition is rich in minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, sodium and potassium. The alkaline nature of many of these components promotes pH balance in the skin.
In addition to providing minerals, wheatgrass contains all the B-complex vitamins, vitamins A, C and E and beta-carotene. Chlorophyll is also abundant in the shoot, since it can reach up to 70% of this pigment in its composition.
As if that wasn’t enough too contains amino acids (building blocks of proteins) essential for humans. It is estimated that at least 19 amino acids make up wheatgrass.
In summary: amino acids, minerals, vitamins and chlorophyll. Everything is summed up in one place. A food with antioxidant characteristics, extremely nutritious, but also detoxifying thanks to its purifying components such as saponin.
Benefits of wheatgrass.
- Purifies and detoxifies: Repeated consumption of wheatgrass helps cleanse our bodies of toxins. Wheatgrass is also particularly effective in purifying organs such as the kidneys and liver.
- Beneficial for your blood: Wheat germs are useful for controlling blood pressure, but their effect on the blood does not end there. In addition to improving circulation, the germs are believed to help clean out sugars that are in the bloodstream, stabilizing their levels. Its positive effect on lipids and glucose makes it highly recommended for the diets of people with diabetes. It also helps generate red blood cells and thus oxygenate our blood, due to chlorophyll. This is essential when dealing with conditions such as anemia.
- Balances body pH: The alkaline minerals in wheatgrass fight acidity caused by eating sugary and processed foods. This change facilitates the stability of pH in our body.
- Benefits the skin: Wheatgrass nourishes and improves our skin, increasing its elasticity and smoothness while reducing wrinkles. In fact, it has been used as an acne treatment because it also helps to clarify and hydrate the face.
- Contributes to weight loss: With so many nutritional components, it’s no wonder that a large number of diets include wheatgrass on the menu. This food provides energy to the body, in addition to its oxygenating properties which facilitate physical exercise. The essential enzymes contained in wheatgrass optimize the digestive process and also help break down fat faster.
Don’t wait any longer and try for yourself the barrage of benefits of this totally natural food. It can be consumed in capsules, in granules to add to liquids, or hydrated to drink directly.
Remember to consult your doctor whenever you change your diet.